What is CMS ?
The Content Management System (CMS) is software that stores all the data such as text, photos, music, documents etc. It helps in editing, publishing and modifying the content of the website.
Websites use HTML (the Hypertext Markup Language) and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to create and design its pages. They are two of the essential core components to create Web pages. HTML provides the structure of the page, CSS the visual and aural layout.
But content management system is a tool that helps you build a website without needing to write all the code from scratch.
Some of the famous CMS are – WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Opencart, Magento, ModX, Squarespace, Wix, Weebly etc.
The following are the important features of a CMS :
- User Management- Subscriber, contributor, author, editor, or administrator
- Media Management- Tool for managing the media files and folder.
- Theme System- Allow modifying the site view and functionality.
- Use Of Extensions And Plugins
- Search Engine Optimization- Provide several search engine optimization (SEO) tools that make on-site SEO simple.
- Multilingual- Translating the entire content into the language preferred by the user.
The Benefits Of CMS –
- Ease of use- Due to a graphical user interface, even those with limited technical knowledge can use the software.
- Easy to search for information- A built-in search function enables users to enter what they are searching for and have a list of items returned to them — much like a Google search engine.
- Easy to manage content- Not only is creating content easy, but so is removing content. A CMS makes it easy to unpublish content to keep websites up to date.
- Accessible from anywhere- A CMS can be cloud-based or on premises, but users can access content from anywhere with a device that’s connected to the internet.
- Allows multiple users- A CMS makes it easy to manage publishing permissions.
- Instant content updates- A CMS enables users to manage and update content in real time — without needing to wait for a developer.
- Easy to scale- A CMS makes it easy for businesses to add new web pages as their business grows without the need for a developer.
- Easy to update- Development teams can roll out updates with just a few clicks.
So you can see with the help of different CMS website designing and blogging has become much easier to handle and this industry got tremendous boost or growth.