What is EPF Passbook?
The EPF Passbook is The which allows a subscriber to download the EPF passbook using his UAN (Universal Account Number). Employee Can check their balance statements as well as print and download. The statements can also be accessed using the EPFO app.
It Includes Employee Many Details Such as PF account number, the employer’s name, establishment ID, the pension scheme and EPF scheme details, the name and type of the EPF office, etc.
How to Download EPF Passbook
The Procedure To Download Passbook is very Easy And Simple. You Have To only Visit On EPFO Portal. Just Follow The Below Steps, For Better Understanding.
- Firstly You Have To Visit On EPFO Portal or Click Here
- Now, Click On E-Passbook Option That is Mentioned in The Right Corner Of Below Picture.
- On The New Tab, Enter Your UAN, Password And Captcha That Mentioned On Screen.
- Next, the employee must click on the ‘Login’ button.
- On The Next Page, Enter Your Member ID.
- Now, Click On The Member ID Of Which PF statement You Would Like To Download.
- Now All Details Of Member ID Will Be Displayed On Screen Such As the name of the organisation, name of the employee, where the office is located, the share of the employer and the employee.
Note – The Employee Can Download The PF Statement In PDF Format as Well AS Printout Of Statement.
Frequently Asked Question On EPF Passbook
- Is it possible to download or view my passbook?
Yes, you can download or view your passbook in the following manner:
- Log in to the member portal using your UAN and password.
- Go to the menu option ‘Download’ and select ‘Download Passbook’.
- It is also possible to download the PDF version of the passbook.
Is it possible to view the passbook online without the Universal Account Number (UAN)?
No, it is not possible to view your passbook online without the UAN. The UAN and password are required to view the passbook online and on the UMANG app.
What format does the passbook come in? In order to open the document, is a password required?
The EPF passbook that is downloaded comes in the pdf format. No, a password is not required to open the downloaded document.
The entries made on the EPF passbook are checked with the EPFO field offices before updating on the passbook.
It takes a maximum of 6 hours after the UAN registration for the passbook to be generated.
Only members who have registered for the EPFO portal will be able to view and download the passbook.
Any updates made online will reflect in after 6 hours.
No, not all EPF members have access to the passbook facility. The below-mentioned members do not have access to the passbook facility:
- Inoperative members
- Settled members
- Exempted Established Members